45th Istanbul Marathon, 15 July Martyrs Bridge Behavior Analysis
The forty-fifth of the Türkiye İş Bankası Istanbul Marathon, the world’s only intercontinental marathon, was successfully held on the 100th anniversary of our Republic.
As Ölçek Mühendislik, we carried out a series of measurements, calculations and reports to analyze and evaluate the behavior of the 15 July Martyrs Bridge.
We completed our study by collecting real-time data with our equipment equipped with up-to-date technologies and with the participation of our colleagues who are experts in their fields.
GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) method is the main data collection method used in this monitoring study. A total of 5 GNSS receivers were used for monitoring. These receivers operated at 5Hz and collected real-time data using the Real Time Kinematic (RTK) method.
- 1 GNSS receiver was installed at the entrance of the Asian side and used as a fixed receiver.
- 1 GNSS receiver is placed on the Asian side of the bridge tower.
- 2 GNSS receivers are placed in the middle of the bridge.
- 1 GNSS receiver is positioned at the end of the European side.
Observations were carried out in 4 sessions in total:
- First session: It was held during a one-hour period when the bridge was closed to traffic.
- Second session: Convened in a one-hour period during the marathon race.
- Third session: It was held in a three-hour period during the public run.
- Last session: It was collected during the one-hour period when the bridge was opened to vehicle traffic.